Did you know that it is illegal to post "garage sale" signs on City-owned infrastructure, including, but not limited to, streetlight poles, traffic safety signs, walls/fences, trees, etc.? This is a very common violation in the City of Rohnert Park. Here’s why it is illegal:
1) Interferes with traffic safety;
2) Categorized as litter; and
3) Can somewhat deface the infrastructure.
Here are some legal alternatives that you may use for posting your “garage sale” signs:
1) Park your car on the street with a “garage sale” sign attached (or write it on your car windows using window paint);
2) Advertise your garage sale on Craigslist – A step-by-step instruction guide can be found here: http://www.wikihow.com/Advertise-a-Garage-Sale-on-Craigslist;
3) Pass out flyers; and
4) Post on community bulletin boards.
If you have any questions, please contact us at (707)588-3300.