1. This is the last week for school for the Cotati-Rohnert Park Unified School District. That means odd hours at Rancho for finals as well as distracted high school kids so make sure to be on the lookout when driving in the area.
2. With school just about out it is getting down to the wire to register for summer camps! You can check the Summer Activity Guide on the Rohnert Park Parks & Recreation page for what the city offers. University of Sports and Sonoma State are also offering a bevy of sporting opportunities for kids this year.
3. There will be a "History Hike for All Ages" this Wednesday at Crane Creek Regional Park from 5 to 6:30 p.m. You can join a naturalist from the Environmental Discovery Center to learn more about the area including some hands on activities. Parking is $7 at the park and the tour is free.
4. Thursday night only you can see the 1st Annual Powerhouse Night which will celebrate the memory of Bill Bradt. This will be a special concert featuring the New Orleans funk of Zigaboo Modeliste & The New Aahkesstra plus the Jug Dealers. The show is at Aubergine After Dark in Sebastopol. Tickets are $10 each and the show starts at 7 p.m.
5. Enjoy the Katherine Wheeler Dance Company this Saturday and Sunday only at the Spreckels Performing Arts Center. Shows are at 7 p.m. on Saturday and 2:30 p.m. on Sunday. Call 588-3400 for ticket information on the show.
6. Beerfest hits the Wells Fargo Center in Santa Rosa this Saturday for one day only! With over 45 of Northern California's finest microbreweries being represented, this beer and food extravaganza is not to be missed! There will be live music and the ticket price includes a glass and covers all tastings. Tickets are $50 at the door and the event runs from 1pm to 5pm.
"If you didn't help, you can't criticize. If you didn't vote, you can't complain."