1. Enjoy a local jam session Monday night at the Tradewinds! Every Monday night, local musicians come together to play great tunes and there is no cover charge! The show starts at 8 p.m. in Cotati and will rock for hours (donations accepted with a pass-a-round bucket).
2. The Rohnert Park-Cotati Regional Library is hosting their regular slew of great programs for kids this week. Tuesday is Wiggle Time for the tots at 10:30 a.m., Wednesday come out and Read to a Dog from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., and on Friday it's Pre-School Storytime for the 3 to 5 year-olds at 10:30 a.m.! Plus you can Read to a Dog some more on Saturday from 2 to 3 p.m.
3. Friday is the 118th Annual Luther Burbank Rose Parade! The parade kicks off at 10 a.m. in downtown Santa Rosa. The theme is "Rockin Round the Roses" and the celebration boasts hours of family fun in the courthouse square from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. including the Unauthorized Rolling Stones rocking away.
4. "Legally Blonde — The Musical" wraps up this weekend at Spreckels Performing Arts Center. Based on the hit movie, this musical event is an award-winning Broadway musical directed by Gene Abravay. Shows are on Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. Tickets are $26 for adults, $24 for seniors and $20 for students or kids. Tickets are available online or at the Box Office.
5. The Sonoma County Backroad Challenge is this Saturday. This biking event features three wonderful rides, music, food and fun all to support a great cause. The ride ends at Lagunitas Brewery with a post party that should be fantastic. Visit their event website for more information.
6. 50th Anniversary Pasta Feed and Community Band Concert this Sunday! This fundraiser runs from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Rohnert Park Community Center and the money raised will go towards the city's 50th Anniversary Celebration. This is a free concert and dinner and donations are accepted. It is on a first come first serve basis.
"Most of the effort it takes to do something is convincing yourself to do it."