1. Last chance to buy fireworks this week up until Wednesday. Fireworks are legal in Rohnert Park so get them while you can. Check out the Patch's great map of local spots around town to pick them up.
2. There are some great fireworks shows going on around the county this Tuesday and Wednesday including a BBQ party in the park here in Rohnert Park. Check out our listing of all the local shows here for more information!
3. Last Chance to see Emmylou Harris is this Tuesday. But before that 7 p.m. concert there will be a adoption clinic at Lagunitas Taproom from 11:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. that will include live performances by two great bands.
4. The Rohnert Park Library is closed on Wednesday but on Thursday when they open back up there will be a special Summer Reading Program event for the kids. Sing-Along with James K will start at 11 a.m. and will be a great family show for kids 8 and under. On Friday they will have their normal Preschool Storytime at 10:30 a.m. for the 3 to 5 year-olds.
5. Even with the 4th of July in the middle of the week, we will still have our two favorite Farmer's Markets happening. On Thursday the Cotati Farmer's Market runs from 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. and features food, fun, and lots of great vendors along with live music. Rohnert Park does their farmer's market on Friday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. with their own great line-up of events. Don't forget to vote for either market in the national contest to find the best local market by going here for more information.
6. This Friday is the last chance to see the annual French concert to kick off the Bastille Celebration at the Church of the Oaks in Cotati. From 7 p.m. to 9:15 p.m. you can enjoy a spirited performance by Tenor Michael Van Why.
7. This Saturday will be the 40th year that the Kitchen Kut-Ups have performed for our local community! They will perform their classic variety act on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday at 1pm for only $15. If you haven't seen them before then you want to see them this weekend at Spreckels Performing Arts.
8. The 11th Annual Art & Garden Festival is this Sunday in downtown Petaluma. Running from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. there will be over 100 booths featuring all sorts of art and outdoor items. Of course there will be food, wine, and beer along with music and kids stuff. This all takes place in the historic downtown area.
"If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace."
Sign up for the Rohnert Park Patch newsletter to get Patch news daily in your inbox!