1. Hey parents, time for sixth grade parent orientation on Wednesday starting at 6:30 p.m!. Head on down to to the multi-use room. Orientation is a valuable chance to listen to the principal and teachers outline expectations and general information for you and your kids as well update you on new changes as we wade through budget issues.
2. Fairy tale time! This Thursday the host a special fun-filled hour for all the little princes and princesses (ages 5 to 10). Stories, crafts and creative dramatics highlight this fun time for kids and parents. This is another one of the great programs put on by our local library this week!
3. The Rohnert Park Chamber of Commerce is having a fun mixer on Thursday hosted by the Active 20-30 Club. The event will be held at and runs from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. This is a great way to meet people and showcase your business. Contact the Chamber at 707-584-1415 for additional information.
4. Stalag 17 opens this Thursday at . This suspenseful play is set in World War II as 13 airmen are captured. Humour and suspense mix as the men try to survive captivity and look towards escape. Directed by Denise Elia, it opens on Thursday at 7:30 p.m. and runs through mid June. Tickets are $21 for adults, $19 for seniors and $8 for students with ID. Contact Spreckels at 707-588-3434 for more information. The Box Office is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
5. Big fun at this Saturday starting at 8 a.m. with the 28th Annual Rohnert Park Fishing Derby, hosted by the Active 20/30 Club of the North Bay. With nice weather on the horizon, fishing at the lake sounds great. Kids 16 and under get to fish free. For more information check them out at www.fishing-derby.org.
- The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.