Even after being in the community for over a year-and-a-half a lot of people still don't know about us. But, we want to change that!
The Patch's goal is to be a hub of local information for the community of Rohnert Park. Not only do we have local news stories about city government or police and fire, but we also cover community events. Local election coverage? We got that too!
You can search for jobs, start or read one of the great blogs from our locals, post announcements and events, or even share photos and videos with other readers from the community.
We have local contests, keep track of what is going on, and offer a place to discuss the things that are important to you, the community of Rohnert Park.
We’ve recently moved some things around and simplified the layout to make the site easier to navigate. Hopefully it's easier to use and easier for you to make us a part of your daily school, business, recreation or arts, and news community. In fact it's important to us that you take an active role in Patch.
If you have any ideas, comments, or need help in using the Patch in anyway; always feel free to contact the Editor. My email address is located in the top left corner of the page.
Here are a few tips on using the Patch!
- Got some good News? Use Announcements , under the News tab, to brag about your kids’ accomplishments or your own, a business success, a local fund raising initiative or a call for volunteers, or to share the news of a new appointment.
- Start a Blog: Want to blog for Patch? We call it Local Voices, and it's easy to get started. Click hereto submit your information and tell us about why you’d make a good Patch blogger.
- Add Events: Select the Events tab to add your upcoming event (please check the calendar to make sure it’s not already posted). If you had a photo or poster there's a good chance we'll be able to feature your listing.
- Comment: Now you’ll be able to see comments not just from Rohnert Park readers, but what people are saying across the Patch network wherever the story is posted. And of course you can still comment on any story, as long as you are logged in.
- Add Photos or Videos: Every now and then we create a Public gallery, and ask you to add your photos of a parade, barbecue, festival or other event in Sonoma. With Patch, you can do that as easily as clicking the Upload Photos and Video button on every story. You can even use your to do it, it's that easy.