1. Just a reminder, schools are out this week for the Thanksgiving Break. That means it will be easy driving around all the normal school congested areas and Sonoma State. Also, the Rohnert Park-Cotati Regional Library will close Wednesday at 6 p.m. and will be closed both Thursday and Friday. All city offices will also be closed Thursday and Friday. The Post Office is closed Thanksgiving day.
2. Come out Monday for a special cooking class just for kids. The Community Center is hosting a class to make Thanksgiving goodies and gifts. This class runs from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. and costs $35. Kids will make mini pecan tarts, harvest bark and cranberry sauce. Contact the Community Center for availability, at 707-588-3456. The Community Center is located at 5409 Snyder Ln.
3. It is about time to rename Black Friday as Black Thursday. A bunch of stores are now going to on Friday such as Target, Macy's and Best Buy. Fair warning to people who don't like traffic and crowds — avoid the Target Shopping center on Friday (and probably Saturday).
4. A great place to find to find holiday gift, and be a part of the community — is at the 32nd Annual Holiday Arts & Crafts Faire on Friday and Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The event is sure to be another fun one and is held at the Community Center. Along with entertainment, Santa Claus will be attending and available for photos.
5. Contessi Ballet will be performing the first Nutcracker of the season this Saturday and Sunday at Spreckels Performing Arts Center. Christmas is not complete without this holiday favorite. Shows are at 7 p.m. on Saturday and 2 p.m. on Sunday. Tickets are $25 for adults, $20 for seniors & students, and $15 for children 10 and under. Go here for tickets.
"Thanksgiving is an emotional holiday. People travel thousands of miles to be with people they only see once a year. And then discover once a year is way too often." ~Johnny Carson